Monday, September 28, 2020

Sunday 20.9: Clean emom and intervals

Saturday. Emom x 12 of clean variations. Intervals, every 3:00 for 18min: 15 pull-ups, 6 front squat @ 80kg

Like I wasn't already walking stiff-legged from yesterday's squat sesh. But those legs worked so I crawled myself to the gym and started developing this idea in my head about cleans and interval training. Intervals usually mean a lot of heavy breathing and burned legs



Barbell cycling.
  • Every minute on the minute x 12 minutes
  • Odd, 4 hang power clean @ 80kg
  • Even, 4 hang squat clean @ 80kg
Somehow I reckoned 80kg barbell would be heavy on this one. But I was able to manhandle this weight all the way. Actually I felt very "comfortable" with that loading. I mean I had no issues with that Rogue's Ohio barbell. Even those squat cleans moved nicely all the way.


 

Intervals.
  • Every 3:00, for 18 minutes (6 sets) of:
  • 15 pull-ups
  • 6 front squats @80kg
These short intervals were awful. Of course when I write this type of intervals, the goal is to move with a purpose, fast and without recovery times. So I jumped on the pull-up bar, went for 15 reps and jogged to the barbell which laid on the ground. Had to squat clean that one for the first squat and then pumped it up to a total of 6 front squats. These took me 40 - 45 seconds to complete every round. It stayed consistent even though the feeling grew nastier by the round


 

My mental image was seeing Mat Fraser running from pull-up bar to a 50kg barbell for thrusters on Friendly Fran at this year's Crossfit Games. Yep, I think it might look a bit different but that was my motivation for this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment