Monday, July 30, 2012

Monday 30.7: 400m + 50 squats

Monday. 400m run, 50 squats. 4 rounds. Time 11.00.

Can I be happy for the time? I don't know. If I check the archives of the crossfit community, I suppose it was a job well done. However, my big brother did it for 10.14 so I should definitely be able to beat his time :) I had two friends to complete the workout as well, the other one timed 11.58, the other one 13.35. Both fought it through nicely.

My warm-up wasn't good enough, I should have done more effort to get the muscles prepared for the workout. Same applies to what happened after the workout. My thighs are sore already now. This was a good reminder why it is extremely important to pay attention to muscle recovery throughout every training session. Let's hope the evening stretching helps them prepare for tomorrow.

I felt fast in the first round, I checked the time, which confirmed the feeling, 1.18min. I didn't have a wrist watch so I couldn't keep up how fast I'm running or squatting. That would have been awesome. I have understood that you get better results by doing a solid performance through the wod, not by putting everything you got in the beginning. When you put too much effort in the beginning, the load of the latter half grows tremendously. I suppose that's what happened. Hard to say as I couldn't follow the time simultaneously but it's quite obvious.

I know I can get the digits down by taking the run slightly more patiently and by performing squats unbroken. Now I did those like 25+25. In the last two rounds I recall doing them 20+15+15. Even though I didn't rest - just shook both legs once or twice to prevent them cramping - there is definitely time I can take away. Now as I think of it, the run was surprisingly pleasant so I should keep up the pace, about 1.30 per round and do the squats unbroken in one minute. That's the goal next time.

After the workout, I practised something you could call a discomfort zone: handstand push-up (HSPU) and handstand. For some reason it's very fascinating to do them but for some unknown reason I haven't done them. Somehow I've been a bit scared to have the world upside down :) After practising today, it felt awesome! I'll have to take them in to the skills training regularly. I also did some double unders to remind my body how it's done. Muscle-ups seem to be far away from being realism. I've done some "jumping muscle-ups" to get the movements right in the end of it, I mean the wrist position and the dip by having a bar grip. Better than nothing but I really must get some assistance from someone who can do it to get it really going.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Bro,

    You are still so far away:) No, seriously job well done!!

    you are getting this exersice below 1100 min and that seems to be good result if comparing results to community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, yep I'll keep adding power to my legs plus improving stamina, then I'll beat my PR, maybe yours as well ;)

    ReplyDelete