Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saturday 28.7: 8 x 400m


Saturday. 8 x 400m, 90 sec rest between rounds. Time 21.52.

Wake up at 9.00, eat breakfast and hit the track. I took proper warm-up in 20 minutes. The idea is to run 400 meters, then rest for exactly 90 seconds. Repeat this 8 times (of course not the last 90 sec rest). Count the total time. Mine was 21.52. My math says I ran one lap in about 1min 25 sec on average. I'm satisfied with this. It was awkward that my results were getting faster in the last rounds.

Once again, it was a mental game. In the third round it felt it would never end. The first 4 rounds, my respiration was quite fast and had some difficulties due to that. After midway, the muscles started to burn as well. Last 4 laps, my thighs were in pain already after 150 meters. Damned, it was close I gave up after six laps. Somehow, I got an energy boost and my two last rounds were the fastest :) I felt divine after reaching the finishing line.

Tomorrow I'm going to have a rest day. I've been training quite hard this week.
Monday 800m run + push ups + boxes.
Tuesday two sets. First strength: squats. Metcon: L-pull-ups, burpees, KB. Second set: row interval.
Wednesday Bear complex and wod: deadlift+toes-to-bar.
Thursday. Rest day.
Friday. Fight gone bad. Strength: weighted pull-ups
Saturday. 8 x 400m



No comments:

Post a Comment