- Wod, 20min partner wod with Pauliina
- 2min row
- 2min hang clean and jerk @ 2x15kg dumbbells
- The other one rows, while the other one clean and jerks. Change roles every 2min
- Accessory, core work
- 10 sets of:
- 12 walking lunges with 60kg barbell on back rack
It was awesome to hit it with my wife. Other one was rowing all the time, in 2 minute intervals. While the other one rowed, the other one did as many reps as possible of clean and jerks with a dumbbell, from hang position every rep. There was naturally also a 2 minute time window for this piece. So there was basically 10 x 2 min time slots, 5 for each movement. I believe we both had approximately 20 reps c&j every time. Took a shot at lungs and shoulders on this one.
Afterwards I went to the park with a barbell and performed lunges until my ass cramped. This was perfect to finish the day, and my posterior chain. The following days felt in my flutes for sure.
- Every 30 seconds, 1 squat clean, for 15 minutes
- 1-5min: 80kg
- 6-10min: 85kg
- 11-15min: 90kg
- Every 2:00, for 12 minutes (6 sets)
- 10 thrusters @ 50kg
Some barbell action for Wednesday. The first part got surprisingly spicy towards the end. I needed to lower the bar gently every time, no chance to drop the barbell. Got them done nicely though. The latter part was written to get a touch of high-rep / heavier thrusters. Usually they tend to be at 40 kilos. Or if they are heavier the volume stays lower. This was a lot of fun, and it was good to witness the bar moved well.
- Wod, 30min amrap of:
- 500m row
- Run up and down the street (ca. 400m)
- Time, 28.50 after 6 rounds
Running is always a good option. So it rowing. Why not combine them. At the gym I used to go before, this wasn't possible because of the premises. At home it's more than possible. Okay, don't know what that means but it sure was a good combination. This was a bit longer than a "normal" workout which means to say I didn't start with an all in pace from the beginning. Still, this started to feel nasty. Was supposed to go for a 30 minute amrap. As I finished the 6th round a little shy of 29 minutes our daughter woke up, started crying and it was my time to step up being a dad :)
- Hang power clean 5x5 @ 70kg
- Wod with Antti
- 2min amrap, 2min rest, for 20 minutes
- 10 deadlift @ 100kg / 70kg
- 15 wall balls
- As many reps of burpees as possible in the remaining time
- Result, 16, 16, 16, 16, 18 burpees
Antti came to a workout session. We started with power clean 5's from hang position, alternating between sets. There weren't much recovery between sets. We just changed the weights and then it was time to go again.
The latter part threw me off guard. Didn't realize how it would feel like. It was painful. 2min amraps of deads, wb's and quite a bunch of burpees. Those burpees killed me. On the first round I got 16 reps, and then just tried to stick with that number. It felt worse and worse by the round. But mental game was strong and I got them done. On the last round I did 2 extra ones.
- Rest day. LinnaMasters throwdown in Hämeenlinna
Bro was competing in the 40-45 category and I was some sort of coach for him on the competition. We talked strategies for each event. First one was a modified hero wod DT, 3 rounds @ 50, 2 rounds @ 60kg, and 1 round @ 70kg. Second event was 3-3, 6-6.. of overhead squats and t2b's in a 6min amrap. Last one was 9 min amrap of 30 cal row, 20 thrusters @ 50kg and 10 c2b's. Sipa made it to the 6th place overall, a great performance, proud of you bro!
- Wod, 6min amrap
- 2-2, 4-4, 6-6… of:
- Thrusters @ 50kg
- Result, round of 12's finished
- Wod, 15min amrap of:
- 5 snatch @ 25kg dumbbell, right hand
- 5 snatch @ 25kg dumbbell, left hand
- 10 clean and jerk @ 25kg dumbbell, alternating after each rep
- Run in the park (ca. 400m)
- Result, 4 rounds + 10 snatch
- 4 rounds not for time of:
- 8 curls right into 12 shoulder press @ 15kg dumbbell, right hand
- 8 curls right into 12 shoulder press @ 15kg dumbbell, left hand
These two workouts were quite bad ass. It was great that thrusters are working well for me right now. 50kg bar is not that bad. I went unbroken on all but the last round (round of 12's). I believe t2b's needed to be broken up at the round of 10's.
The latter metcon was done the in the park. Snatches and clean and jerks with a single 25kg dumbbell. Those 20 reps in the beginning of each round made breathing go heavy and legs go jello. It was not cool to start running right after.
In the end I did some accessory stuff with a 15kg dumbbell.