Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Week 50: Klaukkala & Munkka

Week 50. Mostly working at home this past week. Working towards heavy breathing and some strength too through squats. Mostly muscle endurance and mental game. On Monday I worked in Munkka where we used to live couple of months this past fall.




Tuesday 13.12

  • Wod, 3rds of:
  • 2min amrap push jerk @ 60kg
  • 2min rest
  • Result, 25-23-23 reps
This is a classic workout in my head. I stole this years ago from the legend himself, Mikko Salo, and have worked through this for couple of times. Great one! First round was 10-5-5-5, the latter ones were 10-5-5-3 reps. This was the best I've performed in this workout.



Wednesday 14.12
  • Wod, 10 rounds of:
  • 15 cal row
  • 10 clean and jerk @ 40kg
Nasty one. I had man flu on Monday this week and my lungs were not yet in full capacity this day so I completed the first part of this in a decent manner at 9.05, then took a break and finished the workout more easily.





Friday 16.12
  • Every 90 seconds, for 15 minutes
  • 5 touch'n'go clean and jerks @ 60kg
Very good one. As always when you throw c&j in the game. Got them done smoothly. Muscle endurance getting better with semi-heavy weights.

  • Workout
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 5 back squat @ 120kg
  • 10 handstand push-ups
This was quite different. Heavy-ish back squats. Could be seen as a pure strength element. But throw in 10 hspu's after every set to create a different stimulus in the body. Went through unbroken each set. I took a break (rest as needed) between rounds.





Saturday 17.12
  • Wod, 15min amrap of:
  • 5 power snatch @ 50kg
  • 10 burpee
  • 15 toes-to-bar
My butt cheeks hurt after Friday's squats. Completed a morning metcon in the park before heading to Helsinki for Christmas errands. Snatches ain't my forté so this got tough. Even though there were a limited amount of them per round. Since I haven't done much t2b's I needed to break them more than before. Good workout to say the least!




  • Accessory
  • 50 pull-ups
In the end I did some pull-ups. It's been 2-3 months since doing them the last time. I've used a poor pull-up bar as an excuse but I can't lie to myself anymore. The pull-up bar that I have at home is thinner than what you're used to at a crossfit box, and it's located under a roof eave. That makes it impossible to do muscle-ups but it's okay to do pull-ups / t2b's anyway. Did these in small sets and still my lats hurt a lot the following days :)






Sunday 18.12
  • Oly, hang squat cleans
  • 3x50, 60, 80, 85, 90kg
  • 6x80kg
Antti came to workout with me which was great! Having a partner share the suffer works every time. We did some cleans to start with, then he did Fran for the first time in his life while I fought through the following.
  • Wod, 6rds of:
  • 10 thrusters @ 50kg
  • 10 pistol squats
  • 10 kettlebell swings @ 32kg
Tough. Lower body got smashed. It took me days to recover my quads from this one. Got the thrusters unbroken each round. Pistol squats were completed alternating leg after each rep. Overall this was quite horrible. But I'm kinda proud of this one








Monday 19.12
  • Wod, 6rds of:
  • 30 dumbbell snatch @ 25kg
  • 600m run
Went to old hoods and threw down in an outdoor workout in a park. Had taken a dumbbell from home with me, and that came in to use nicely in this workout. As simple as it gets, db snatches and running in the park. Back and forth for about 25 minutes.


  • Cool down
  • 1 mile run
  • 30 dips
  • 1min run
Had no hurry this time as my girls were meeting some friends in the city. So I decided to go for more like a jog, then couple of sets of dips at the beach, and finally jogging back to the in-laws' place where we had dinner in the evening.



Wednesday 21.12
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 20 thrusters @ 40kg
  • 20 cal row
On Tuesday schedules didn't allow a training session to commence. On Wednesday we had some crossfit friends at the house but due to one guy's man flu we weren't able to go for a pair workout. Instead, I went after this one in the evening solo. Gross. Lungs hurt. Still, there were was something beautiful. Three rounds were unbroken, the last two ones were 14-6 reps.




No comments:

Post a Comment