Saturday, October 5, 2013

Friday 5.10: Hspu, c2b, box

Friday. Emom training for strict handstand push-ups, chest-to-bar pull-ups and box jumps. Each set for 10 minutes.

On Friday I had just a little time to squeeze some time to work out. We were going to meet some friends in the evening and then a stand-up show to catch on later in the evening. So I wrote myself a workout with 3 x 10 min emom training. Lots of mobility was included in the metcon too.



Metcon. Strict hspu, C2B and box.

  • Every minute on the minute, 4 strict handstand push-ups, rest of the minute hip flexor mobility
  • Every minute on the minute, 6 chest-to-bar pull-ups, rest of the minute squat mobility
  • Every minute on the minute, 10 box jumps (61cm), rest of the minute upper body mobility
  • Each movement for 10 minutes, 1 min rest between those 10min sets


This was pure inspiration from Jason Khalipa's training video I posted yesterday. Check it out. On the first set I did 4 strict hspu's and hip flexor mobility for the rest of the minute, that was around half a minute. It served my hips good! The number of reps was perfect for me, couldn't have been better. In the beginning I would have been able to complete more reps but the last minutes were tough. The last 2 minutes were extremely challenging and I felt like the last rep on both of those sets were a real battle. But I got them!





Thought chest-to-bar pull-ups would have been easier. My forearms were burning in the end. I was first thinking about doing them without that much of a kip but the reality kicked in pretty soon. Had to start using more powerful kipping technique. Somehow I couldn't get a perfect rhythm going on at the gym as I felt like the wall was such close. It's not a problem at all but now as I was doing c2b's I felt like I need more kip than normally. Did squat mobility to accompany the pull-ups. Just sitting in the bottom position and finding good flexibility.

The box jumps were easy. Did 10 reps each minute, totaling 100 reps and utilized resistance band for upper body mobility for about a half a minute after the reps. This was a nice way to combine skills movements and mobility in a same session effectively. Not a hard core metcon but good amount of reps for each movement and lots of mobility. Total of 40 strict hspu's, 60 c2b's and 100 boxes.




No comments:

Post a Comment