Thursday, October 31, 2013

Thursday 31.10: Back squat emom

Thursday. Back squat emom training, 2 reps per minute (100-130kg).

Squat day. Another day to do work on those legs. My strategy is to strengthen my lower body remarkably. Hopefully my pants will fit in the future as well =) Today I had to rush because we were about to go for a long dinner with a bunch of colleagues so I had 45min to do my training. That was a time slot craving for squats.



Strength.
Every minute on the minute, 2 reps back squat @ ascending ladder

  • 2x100kg
  • 2x105kg
  • 2x110kg
  • 2x115kg
  • 2x120kg
  • 2x125kg
  • 2x130kg


Starting at @ 100kg, I did 2 reps on the first 2 minutes, then add 5kg after each 2min, continued this scheme up to 130kg. So there were 2x2 reps for each weight, for a total of 14minutes of work and a total of 28 reps. Got to say those last reps on the 125 / 130kg started to feel heavy. Heavy enough but still without a doubt of coming up. At those weights the time started to become an issue. It wasn't easy to start squatting heavy without just a short recovery. I still remained in the tim frame as I had planned. My original plan was to hit 130kg so I didn't add any more weights.




Plus, I had to run after the squats were done. It was time to enjoy a delicious cuisine on one of the classiest restaurants in Helsinki. We hit it to one of celebrity chef Tom Björck's restaurants - Gaijin - and I must say the food was incredible! We took a 7 course menu, Asian food, made from the best ingredients. Hard to describe the fireworks of flavors in my mouth. Simply beautiful.



Delicious dessert. Don't ask me what it was, no idea, but it was spectacular!


Take a look at Jason Khalipa's endurance training for the last year or so.




No comments:

Post a Comment