Monday, April 20, 2020

Monday 20.4: Deads and box

Monday. Wod, 5 rounds of deadlifts (climbing) and box jumps.

Usually it's difficult for me to complete deadlifts, box jumps and handstand push-ups at home. Not because I wouldn't like to but because I train in those time slots when our twins are sleeping their naps. And these three movements tend to keep more noise than regular training. Today my training session occurred when everybody were awake so it was time to hit these elements.




Wod. Time, 13min. Link to videos
  • 10 deadlift @ 110kg
  • 20 box jump overs
  • 10 deadlift @ 120kg
  • 20 box jump overs
  • 10 deadlift @ 130kg
  • 20 box jump overs
  • 10 deadlift @ 140kg
  • 20 box jump overs
  • 10 deadlift @ 150kg
  • 20 box jump overs
Classic combination of movements. It works every time. It's been ages since doing deadlifts because of those reasons I just wrote. This used to be some sort of strength of mine. It has always suited well for me. I got through all these rounds unbroken. I figured after 120kg that maybe next round could still go without letting the barbell drop. But finishing each of those five sets unbroken was well beyond my expectations.



This left me satisfied big time. It's nice to see after all these years that the barbell and man are still moving quite nicely. Even though the training volume has come down quite a bit. It used to be 6.5 times on average per week and 2-3 pieces per training session.




No comments:

Post a Comment