Saturday, April 18, 2020

Weekend 17-18.4: t2b, burpee, pistols, dips, deadlift, du

During this corona era I pushed through 30 days with only one rest day. Then had two full recovery days on Wed and Thu. Friday was a busy day but I got a chance to sneak in a short metcon. And on Saturday there was a little more time for a workout


Friday 17.4. Link to the wod

5 rounds of
15 toes-to-bar 
15 burpee

It turned out the combination of the two is more challenging on the core than I imagined beforehand. I went ub on t2b for 3 rounds, Then hit it in two parts. It really hurt


Saturday 18.4

La 18.4

Amrap 20
20 pistol squats
10 ring dips
15 deadlift @ 2x25kg db
30 double unders
Result, 6 rounds + 11 pistols


My palms werea bit sore so I figured skipping barbell work for today. I had some cleans on my mind entering this weekend. I am glad those pistols are Rolling quite nicely. I was able to hit the in unbroken style. Pacing my way through them. Ring dips were unbroken as well. Deadlifts added up the fatigue but those were not the toughest on this one. Du's have been non-existing in the past months so somehow it felt like the fatigue hit much harder and faster on those compared to normal workout. I mean when I used to do those more frequently.

All in all, a good workout and made me push on those pistol squats. Pace was rather conservative butnsteady throughout the wod. This really bit me through 😊

-Don


No comments:

Post a Comment