Sunday, April 26, 2020

Sunday 26.4: Another double session

Sunday. AM: Cleans and deadlifts. PM: Run and row

Another double session. This hasn't happened in ages. Felt very good, and my body is also feeling pretyt good now. There were times when I used to hit it 6.5 times a week, with each session having 2-3 pieces. So this kind of volume where I take one workout per day should be tolerable any day.



Power cleans. Link to the cleans
  • Build up to a heavy single (60, 70, 80, 90, 100kg)
I carried one piece of gym matt to the home road, outside of our gym / yard. The idea was that I could do some touch'n'go cleans. It's not possible at the gym because I'm training basically always when our little twins are sleeping. So I don't dare to make that noise because that can be heard indoors as well. I figured why haven't I built up a lifting stations at the road. That turned out to ne a great lifting platform by all parameters.

Power cleans. Link to the cleans
  • Unbroken sets of:
  • 15 @ 60kg
  • 10 @ 70kg
  • 6 @ 80kg
  • 3 @ 90kg
These unbroken barbell cycling sets were nasty. My grip and legs started to heat up. Managed to do all those but those weren't an easy walk in the park for me today. But it sure felt awesome to do power cleans as I almost always do cleans from hang position when training at home.


  • 4x8 @ 140kg
Didn't plan this beforehand at all. But after cleans I realized the platfrom is perfect, I still have some time left so why not do some pulls. Felt strong on these. Okay, the barbell was only 140kg so that should come up smoothly.


Conditioning.
  • 10min run
  • 10min row
  • 10min run
  • 10min row
  • 10min run
  • 10min row
In the evening after kids went to bed it was dad's time to shine one more time. Alternating between running and rowing. Easy pace. No idea on the running's pace but rowing was at 2:00 so that generated a steady 2.500m per set, so a total of 7.5 kilometers of rowing at least got in the books.






No comments:

Post a Comment