Sunday, November 8, 2020

Friday 6.11: Back squats

Friday. Back squats 6x3 @ 130kg

My body went to a shut down mode after Tuesday. I had a very intensive training week the previous week as I had took the intensity up a notch in metcons and then the barbells I moved were heavier. This Tuesday sealed the deal and I was sore as f*ck on Wednesday and Thursday. On Wednesday I tried to to do some recovery row but I had a lot of issues trying to row with my concept2. Abs were so sore as I tried to pull the handle that I rowd for maybe 4km and called it quits. On Thursday the situation had not moved tremendously to a better direction. I went for a walk and went the Tornimäki stairs up and down twice (about 350 steps) in order to recover.




Strength.
  • Back squat 6x3 @ 130kg
As I woke up on Friday my abds were still gone. I don't remember having had core soreness for days before. Anwyay, I was afraid I can't train today either. That would have been a bummer. I decided to try to squat. It felt good. So let's load up the bar and let's go.

Great feeling to take this 130kg barbell for a ride. It's been too long since squatting multiple reps with this load. I've done singles in the past month on these Friday's in the warm-up prior to the working sets. But doing triples at this weight was freaking awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment