Sunday, November 8, 2020

Tuesday 3.11: Crossfit Kehä

Tuesday. Crossfit Kehä

It was about time to hit it at Kehä. That means a lot of barbell throwing with Toni. This time we did intervals to start with, then moved on to strength piece. In the end I smashed my core with accessory stuff. Great training day.



Intervals
  • Alternate after every round, for a total of 5 rounds of both of:
  • 9 deadlift @ 70kg
  • 6 hang power cleans @ 70kg
  • 3 push jerk @ 70kg
  • 12 cal ski erg
I gave Toni the chance to write the programming for this day. No surprise it was something close to DT. One of his favorites, and something he always somehow suggests. Skierg was originally in the beginning but we decided to throw it in the end so that we wouldn't pace ourselves with that conditioning vehicle.

We talked that maybe it could be smart to do 8 deadlifts, drop the bar, grab it again and finish it. That's to save the grip. However, once I took the barbell, it was natural to just keep pounding forward. For the first 3 rounds I went unbroken with all these movements. It got harder and harder by the round. By the time I got to 4th round, I had to drop the barbell after 8th deadlift, just to release the tension, and then continue to finish it. Same system in the 5th interval.

My first round took 1.10, and it remained in the same range in the following rounds. Nasty set of intervals in my opinion. That skierg in the end was tough as my legs were smashed once I got my hands on the device. Perfect intervals.





Strength
  • Hang squat clean truples
  • Barbell @ 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100kg
We had 10 minutes to establish a max triple for hang squat cleans. We started at 70kg, added 5kg per set and decided to go with the flow. My legs were jello and grip was gone after the first piece. There was 10 minute break between these workouts that I really needed. Otherwise this would have gone south. But after 2-3 sets I got to the core of it and body was back in action.

It's pretty remarkable that I was able to hit that 100kg for a triple. I'm not quite sure as I don't keep track of doubles, triples or anything like taht in any movements. But doing 100kg triple from hang position sounds like a shared PR in my head. I'm very happy about this session.





Accessory
  • 100 ghd sit-ups
I had decided to destroy my core after missing the ghd device for a long time. I completed 50 reps in a row, then 2x25 reps to get a total of 100 reps. My abs cramped at some point in the second set and at least I got what I wanted and deserved. It turned out my abs really got smashed for days. Still, on Saturday I had some issues because of these ghd's and other training volume.



No comments:

Post a Comment