Sunday, November 1, 2020

Sunday 1.11: Hang power cleans and run

Sunday. Wod, 4rds of: 10 hpc @ 80kg, 400m run. Time, 12.30

Saturday was a rest day. We had some friends come by with their kids so the house was full of little people. Plenty of fun and it was nice to see this couple that we haven't seen in months. Due to korona, this has been a little bit different kind of year but luckily we have this thing under control nowadays in Finland as people behave as they should be. Our daughter said Saturday evening that she would like to go to a restaurant this Sunday so we decided to pack our family to the car and head to Espoo in the morning. We took a road trip to the same Nokkalan Majakka, close to Matinkylä to have a delightful lunch there. In the evening I took a quick intense workout.




Workout. Time, 12.30
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 10 hang power clean @ 80kg
  • 400m run
This scared me a little before the workout. Somehow I felt confident but onthe other hand I realized 80kg for hang power cleans is heavy for me. Especially with little or no warm-up the 80kg barbell is heavy'ish. Especially for multiple rounds with quite a number of cleans per round.




This was mentally strong game as I was able to hold on to the barbell every round for all 10 reps without having to let go. Damn those last 2 reps were heavy on the last 2 sets. And I was able to run faster than normally. That also attacked my legs and the entire workout was quite intense and exactly what I needed.




No comments:

Post a Comment