Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Monday 2.11: Front squats, Back squats, Push-ups

Monday. Emom x 12 min: Front squats up to 130kg. Wod, 5rds of: 10 back squat @ 60kg, 25 push-ups. Time, 8.30

Oh man my traps were sore from all those cleans from Sunday. I have been back squatting once a week on Friday's and have neglected front squats for real, and for a long time. It hit me like a lightning from a clear blue sky. I needed to front squat.


Strength.
  • Every minute on the minute x 12 minutes of:
  • 1-2min: 8x60kg
  • 3-4min: 4x90kg
  • 5-6min: 2x100kg
  • 7min: 1x105kg
  • 8min: 1x110kg
  • 9min: 1x115kg
  • 10min: 1x120kg
  • 11min: 1x125kg
  • 12min: 1x130kg
However, my concept was a little vague. I just took the barbell for a ride and decided to see how it turns out to in emom style. It was a great way to get prepared by taking a light barbell and take multiple reps. First two minutes was 8 reps @ 60kg. Obviously light one but good to get the body moving and fluids running in my body. Jumped to 90kg after those, then 100kg. Two minutes per weight until 6 minutes had passed.

Then I started to take singles, adding 5kg per minute. I had no expectations whatsoever where I could climb up to. I reckoned maybe something like 115-120kg would be nice. It was mind blowing that I was able to hit 130kg front squat after not front squatting in months. And I don't even remember when I have been up and down with 130kg so I was super happy about this one.





Wod. Time, 8.30
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 back squats @ 60kg
  • 25 push-ups
I was pretty much done after those squats but still decided to do something quick. I just started doing without a big plan. As simple as that, back squats and push-ups. Kind of lame but still this was actually pretty good one. My triceps hurt a lot. That doesn't usually happen so maybe it's because I haven't done that much push movements lately.





No comments:

Post a Comment