Saturday, January 24, 2015

Friday 23.1: CJ emom, Hero Wod Rahoi

Friday. Emom x 5min: 7 C&J @ 60kg. Hero workout Rahoi, 12min amrap of: 12 box, 6 thrusters (42.5kg), 6 bar-facing-burpees. Result, 6rds + 1 burpee (163 reps).

It was great to have a day off of work, and we went shopping for a bit. Spent the day in Jumbo and after chilling for a while we threw down for a workout. Clean and jerk was how I kicked it off and finished it with a new benchmark workout. Very good training day.




Strength.
  • Every minute on the minute, for 5 minutes
  • 7 clean and jerk, 60kg
This was actually horrible. Lots of reps and not that much recovery. It brought Grace to my mind… Feeling was pretty much the same at some point. I haven't done this many reps as emom training and it really felt nasty. It's kinda hard to say where it felt the worst, it was more like a overall fatigue hit me big time.



For the first 3 rounds I went unbroken, and the last 2 rounds were 5-2 reps. This was a great way to add high-rep sets into classic clean and jerk strength training. It was more like muscle endurance type of stuff than strength based programming. You can have a look of the session below.


Clean and jerk emom


Rahoi. Result, 163 reps
  • 12min amrap of:
  • 12 box
  • 6 thruster, 42.5kg
  • 6 bar-facing-burpee
I noticed this one sometime ago and there was no doubt I would do it one day soon. I've just been waiting for the right moment. It looks easy on paper but you don't have to be the smartest guy in the world to realize it's gonna hurt. It's a hero wod for god's sake. The first part of my training session was so rough that for a minute I though that's gonna be enough for the day. After recovering for 5-10 minutes I started moving and decided to move with a steady pace and not rush through it.



Today my result ended up being 5 burpees short of 7 full rounds. The amount of reps were small for each movement so I had troubles figuring out how this would turn out. As I started working I went unbroken with the elements and kept a break before moving on to the next one. I thought this would benefit me in the long run. 12 minutes is rather long time if you're going all in from the very get-go.



Box jumps were probably the most fatiguing element of this benchmark. You can always swallow 6 more thrusters and burpees, even with them being bar-facing versions which are the worst in my opinion. Every good workout to say the least and the entire training session was intense!


Rahoi




No comments:

Post a Comment