Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Wednesday 21.1: Bench, 20min amrap, Row sets

Wednesday. Strength, bench press 5x5 (80kg). Metcon, 20min amrap of: 5 bench (70kg), 10 t2b, 30 du, 400m run. Result, 5rds + 30 du. Row sets for about 4.100m.

I went to the gym early in the morning. My back is still sore from deadlifting. I'd like to see my body recover from heavy pulling quicker. Gotta get my body used to that. Wanted to squat today but that wasn't about to happen. Instead it was bench. Every time it surprises me how boring movement that is. Didn't even break a sweat. So I took couple of metcons afterwards. Good ones.




Strength.

  • Bench press 5x5 (80, 82.5, 80, 80, 80kg)
This really didn't bring me any ups or downs. Just did the job. The movement felt a bit strange after having don't done it in months. I took a little more narrow grip as it felt more natural.


Recap


Metcon. Result, 5 rounds + 30 double unders.
  • 20min amrap of:
  • 5 bench press, 70kg
  • 10 toes-to-bar
  • 30 double unders
  • 400m run
This was a good breather. My body wasn't too fresh so the first round was a bit sticky. Actually my round times got faster towards the end. It was 400m run shy of 6 full rounds. This wasn't maybe 100% effort but still I got blood flowing pretty well in my body. Everything unbroken except the first round's double unders as I stumbled in the jump rope two times. That was kind of embarrassing. No excuses, my legs, hands and core wouldn't cooperate.



Row.
  • 5:00 row, 2:30 rest
  • 4:00 row, 2:00 rest
  • 3:00 row, 1:30 rest
  • 2:00 row, 1:00 rest
  • 1:00 row
This was taken from Ben Bergeron. Good idea in this one. Okay, my legs were about to go cramp in the first set of 5 min rowing. That's the reason why my pace wasn't that fast, it was more like 1:50-1:55 for the most parts. In the beginning it was naturally faster but it never dropped below 1:55 anyway. This would probably be an awesome workout with fresh body. I recommend pretty much all rowing sessions to everyone =)




No comments:

Post a Comment