Saturday, July 12, 2014

Thu-Fri 10-11.7: Gymnastics

Thursday-Friday. Thu: handstand skills. Fri: T2B, push-ups, gymnastics.

It's great to have a holiday here in Spain. Nothing special in program except for relaxation. No time pressure to visit new places or drive around looking for attractions. I've spent numerous summers here when I was a little kiddo and the places are familiar already. Now it's time to chill out and enjoy the stay.

On Thursday we were at the beach sunbathing and I felt Wednesday's workout in my body so I decided to take it easy. Handstand was all I got my hands into. There's something awesome in handstanding at the beach when sky is clear, there's 30° and water is splashing to your hands while you're inverted. It's a bit different practicing this skill at the beach as the ground is a little inclined instead of a flat platform. Considering that I think my session went well!

On Friday we visited Malaga, nearby town to go shopping and enjoy the lively atmosphere of the city. Later in the evening I got a chance to play with a pull-up bar at the beach right in front of our casa. By the way, the bar is thick as a tree, not the easiest for the grip! I did some muscle-ups, pull-ups and played around some sort of calisthenics movements while hanging on the bar.

Also did 50 t2b and then 100 push-ups to finish the session. It wasn't the toughest I've done but it seems it's always harder to do workouts abroad for some reason. Maybe it's the nutrition or something in the energy levels but bodyweight feels heavier. Anyway, the point is taking it easier every now and then and relax :)





No comments:

Post a Comment