Friday, October 17, 2014

Friday 17.10: Squat, Deads, Metcon

Friday. Barbell, squats (max 150kg), deadlifts (max 150kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 10 pull-ups, 10 ring dips, 15 box. Time, 8.09.

Too soon to try that max load, I suppose. The program said I should wait for a week before testing it out. On the other hand my legs felt okay and I'm a little impatient so there were some squatting ahead of me. Then I took couple of deadlifts just to get used to it after months of not pulling from ground. Metcon was a short scribble, created on the spot.



Barbell.
  • Back squat 3x60, 90, 115, 1x130, 140, 150kg
  • Deadlift 5x90, 4x130, 2x150kg
My warm-up routine was normal and I thought I'd get myself ready for the sets but never at any point during squats did I have a sweat on. Normally my shirt is wet one minute from entering the gym, just from looking at the barbell. This was strange and maybe got under my skin somehow. Anyway, there was a lot of tension in the air as I had the pessure of making new PR's.

I wasn't able to reclaim those expectations as I wanted. Gonna make it rain some other day next week. The bright side is that the 140kg rep was easy and by far the lightest I've ever done with that weight. Jumped right on to 150kg which is something I've never lifted. I got it up but Pauliina had to touch my ribcage slightly so I don't count it as a record breaking lift. That bummed me for a couple of hours. On the other hand, that previous lift was indeed light and with this poorly warmed up body I was still able to hit these numbers. Plus I've squatted 4 times a week for the past weeks and was still able to make it quite solidly.

Deadlifts were just to get accustomed back on the movement, couple of reps at different weights, no big deal. Loads were light! Great movement, got to say.


140 & 150kg


Metcon. Time 8.09
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 ring dips / push-ups
  • 15 box jumps
Felt tired before even jumping on to this workout. Pull-ups, ring dips and box. On 2 different rounds the rings were occupied so I had to sub for push-ups. Should have increased the number of them as push-ups are obviously easier than dips.

My body was overall fatigued and everything felt pretty much the same, didn't matter if it was pull-up bar, dips or jumping around. I got the work done and was happy about that. Tomorrow's another day and it's gonna be a better one!






3 comments:

  1. No worries! I'm confident, that you will hit new PR next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'moon! Kyllä se vielä onnistuu!!!! Maija

    ReplyDelete