Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday 11.8: Rest day

Taking it easy, enjoying the day in a different way :) I did morning walk and some pilates for starters. My body needs some break. My neck somehow injured in yesterday's training, it hurts like hell, it's difficult to bend my head but it will probably go away in a day or two.





Some random thoughts. Next time I'll do push press, I'll try out something like 2min amrap, 2 min rest, 3 rounds, compared to yesterdays's workout. For the past few days, I've been thinking about changing my strength training. I'm still learning technic for some moves but I'll start doing heavier sets. For example yesterday I could have done like 3 sets with 50kg, then once with 55kg and once with 60kg. I really don't understand why I let myself too easy with that push press, the session could have been more productive if conducted with heavier sets. My training will almost every time include strength training and a metcon, sometimes adding some skills training.

Some days I'll do cf workouts in the morning and in the evening I have floorball practice with my team. Some days I only do crossfit. Some days the morning set can be running or rowing, just increasing the level of stamina, sometimes it can be heavier type of running or rowing, interval maybe? I'm still learning when to have rest days. I've been listening to my body and try to analyse what it really wants. My mind wants to go every day but I try to listen what my body can take in for now. I will get it used to hard training throughout out the season / year so that it will demand training in the morning and in the evening. Let's see how long does it take to reach that point. I'm still developing the ideology of perfect training.



2 comments: