Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tuesday 28.8: rowing

Tuesday. Wod: row 500m + 10 toes to bar + 10 dips + 10 pull-ups. 3 rounds. Time 11.31

I woke up clearly earlier than normally to have a chance to go my box before work. I had scheduled rowing as main ingredient, adding some spice with toes-to-bars, dips and pull-ups.

  • 500m row
  • 10 toes-to-bar / knees-to-elbows
  • 10 dips
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 3 rounds


I wasn’t fiercely fighting against the clock in the morning. It felt like my body wasn’t as awake as I wanted it to be so I took the wod by concentrating in quality, not the pace. My rowing pace was somewhere around 1.45 each round so I managed to keep it up quite nicely. In the first round of abs, I did T2Bs and the following two rounds K2Es. I’m missing the correct technique in T2B which causes me to swing too much. However, in swinging my knees to elbows I found a nice rhythm and therefore managed to do them rather rapidly. For some reason (maybe yesterday’s tabata) my dips felt heavy and pull-ups were a battle from the beginning. Only first set of pull-ups went unbroken. And too much time spent on breaks between movements, if I wanted to do this wod faster.

I haven’t tested this early wod by far but will definitely give it another shot. Maybe the body needs more warming up before getting it started. I’ll have another session in the evening, let's see if I get more out of myself.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, what dip station you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if there's a special name for this one. It's basically just two bars close to each other and you can use it for at least two purposes. The bars are narrowing towards the wall/mirror you can see in the picture and widening towards the other direction.

    If you are facing the station like I am in the picture, you can take a shoulder width grip and do dips correctly and hit the 90 degrees angle while going down. If you are facing the other way, you can do some abs by placing your elbows and forearms on the bars, then lift your legs (straight or bent).

    Hopefully this answered your question :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took a video for you to explain the dip station. You can find it from my Youtube channel with the title "dip station 29.9.2012". The link is on the upper right corner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, ty for your reply and the YouTube video is very nice too, sadly i couldn't find this dip station in internet to buy. Look very sturdy and rock-solid.
      Great channel...

      Delete
  4. Thanks! Hopefully you find a station that suits you. Once I tested the ring dips, I fell in love immediately. Got to start practicing them more often. Still, I'm going to do weighted (normal) dips in the future as well, it's a good movement!

    ReplyDelete