Sunday, October 18, 2020

Friday 16.10: Back squats

Friday. Back squats 5x7 @ 115kg

Friday squats. Do I need to say more. I'm loving it. This was the eight Friday (or occasional Saturday) in a row to strengthen my lower body.





Strength.
  • Back squat 5x7 @ 115kg
Began from 7x10 @ 80kg, then I have been adding 5kg per week to reach this 5x7 @ 115kg day. It's getting heavy. The volume has been rather rough every week. Something between 35-70 squats per squat day. And my lower body hurts always 2 days after these squat sessions.






Today was no different to the previous ones. It feels heavier by the day but still I feel I can manage those loads. However, it everytime feels intimidating. I always take one heavy single prior to the actual work days. But it has always been 130kg. Little by little I should maybe buil that up as well. The point is to go heavier than the actual work sets so that those would feel lighter, pshycologically I mean. Maybe I should build that heavy single up too because next week is gonna be 120kg so there's not big difference anymore.





No comments:

Post a Comment