Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Friday 23.10: Back squats

Friday. Back squats 6x6 @ 120kg

Continuing to hammer more lower body strength. This is becoming a system of my own. A concept. Friday squats. This time it was time to take 120kg for a ride.

Couldn't find a way to embed a Youtube video right now as they changed the layout so here's a link to my squats: Back squat 6x120kg



Strength.
  • Back squat 6x6 @ 120kg
Last week it was 115kg for 7 reps, repeat for a total of 5 sets. This time five more kilos, drop down one rep and add one more set. Total volume stayed pretty much the same. For sure these hurt, especially the last two reps of each set.

I'm still stoked to being able to squat consistently. Let's see how this evolves. I had two alternative routes in my head. Either I'm going with this style that I'm adding 5kg and dropping volume by the week. The other option is to complete that 6-4-2, 6-4-2, 6-4-2 system in the end of last year, squat waves. Those worked perfectly for me and my pal Toni.




















No comments:

Post a Comment