Monday, October 12, 2020

Sunday 11.10: Hspu, Pistols, Kbs + Badminton

Sunday. AM: Emom of hspu's, pistol squats and kb swings. Accessory upper body workout. PM: Badminton

After having two recovery days I needed to squat. Still, I wanted to train more and make my body hurt. My in-laws came by to play with the kids so that freed my time enought to hit a workout. In the evening I went to play badminton with Tuomas for one hour so this was a great day.


Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute x 12 minutes
  • 1st, all in handstand push-ups (26, 21, 17 reps)
  • 2nd, pistol squats alternating (20, 20, 20 reps)
  • 3rd, kettlebell swings @ 32kg (25, 22, 25 reps)
  • 4th, rest
I wrote this as all in efforts on all of these. That means to say it was not 30-40 second effort and then recover before next movement. It was more like 50 seconds so I had a short pause to catch my breath before hitting the next movement. So basically it was 3 minute amraps if you wanna call it that. With the exception that I burned my body for one minute per element, before moving to the next one.

One minute of handstand push-ups is a great shoulder burner. No doubt about it. Onthe first round I smashed 26 reps unbroken. On the second one it was 15 rep to start with, then finished it with 6 more. Last round was maybe 10-12 on the first try, then 2 more sets to finish at 17 reps.

Pistols were good from the beginning. I kept moving on those throughout the minute. It's not my fastest movement but I paced myself and never stopped at any point. It's been months since doing any pistol squats. I tried them couple of weeks ago once but at that time it was a no go. Today, no problems.




Accessory
  • 4 supersets of:
  • 20 push-ups
  • 20 bicep curls
  • 20 tricep pull-downs
This was quite a meathead portion of this training day. That first piece was awful to be honest and I was ready to crawl back inside. So I'm very happy I continued to perfom on this one. Upper body pump to say the least. Push-ups, empty barbell curls and then something I believe is called tricep pull-downs. I bought a cable during spring / summer that can be attached to my Yoke and it's perfect for this kind of accessory stuff.




Badminton.

Classic stuff. It's been maybe 2-3 weeks since we played last time. It was awesome to get my hand on a racket once again. Felt like we never had a break on this one. Great sport


No comments:

Post a Comment