Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Saturday 24.10: Pull-ups and Wall balls

Saturday. Wod, 5rds of: 20 pull-ups, 20 wb. Time, 10.10

I got the inspiration to this one somewhere from the Crossfit Games that was going on during this weekend. To be honest, I can't find an idea to which workout this even remote relates to :) But sill, it was somewhere. Very intense workout and that one wod was enough.


Workout. Time, 10.10
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 20 pull-ups
  • 20 wall ball shots
My strategy was so that the walk between pull-up bar and sall ball station which is about 15-20 meters was supposed to be my recovery period. Once I got to the ball, just grab it and go. Same thing with the pull-up bar. Jump up and see how it goes. That's at least how it felt in my head. My reasoning was to just attack it and probably I would have to break the reps up anyway at some point with this tactic so why not take the first set right away.

On the pull-ups this resulted in going unbroken for first two rounds. Third one was 15+5. Fourth round 12+4+4 reps,m and the last one 10+4+2+3 reps. It's rare for me to do doubles / triples so maybe that shows that this was intense and had to be broken to smaller pieces towards the end. Had I continued to more rounds, my should have been slower from the beginning. This was optimized for 5 round pace.









No comments:

Post a Comment