Sunday, October 18, 2020

Monday 12.10: Pull-ups, DB carry

Monday. Amrap 30min: 25 pull-ups, 400m db carry.

This was interesting. My lower body tends to get crushed on my Friday squats. Probably because I hit squat strength only once a week so my legs are always surprised what the heck am I doing to them occasionally. But it's been awesome as it's one of the highlights every week. Anyway my grip was also a bit shot from yesterday's kb swings for some reason.


Amrap 30.
  • 25 pull-ups
  • 400m dumbbell carry @ 2x25kg
This was a rough combination if you can imagine. Big set of pull-ups which traditionally hurts forearms / grip in addition to entire upper body and respiratory system. Then after grip was gone it was not so cool to grab two dumbbells and head down our home street back and forth for 400m stretch.

In the first round I had 25kg dumbbell in front rack position and 15kg dumbbell straight overhead. Our home street goes 200m downhill which I went with right hand overhead. Then came back another 200m incline with left hand overhead with that 15kg db. My shoulders were gone after that one.

Second round of pull-ups was still unbroken That pleased me alot. For that round's dumbbell carries I grabbed 2x25kg db's and went farmer's carry all the way. It was miserable to say the least. Once I came back my grip strength was destroyed. It felt funny to jump on the pull-up bar as it was something I have never felt before. I found it difficult to complete the first 2 pull-ups because my forearms were numb. Still, I was able to hang on with something little that I had left in my grip, and completed 15 reps on the first set. Then dropped down, took another 6 reps, short break and finished it with 4 pull-ups.

Third round of carries sucked even more, if possible with the dumbbells. My breathing stayed in control because I had to drop them occasionally. That 400m seems occasionally like an eternity. Especially when walking it with heavy weights. I finished 4 sets of pull-ups and 3 walks with the dumbbells. The last pull-up set was as awkward as the third. It Felt miracleous to finish even the first rep but Still I got 16 reps on first try, then 5+4 to finish it.

I felt like a king after finishing this one.





No comments:

Post a Comment