Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday 14.12: Rest day

Friday. Rest day.

Pauliina came home yesterday so I didn't want to leave to the gym early in the morning. My body also screamed for rest. I thought about this for a while and wondered why does my body feel so tired right now. I figured I've been lifting lot of heavy barbells after Saturday. Especially yesterday and the day before were fatiguing workout days. On Wednesday I thrustered 5.000kg and on Thursday lifted 6.000kg through front squats and deadlifts in less than 6min.

Saturday 8.12: Linda
Sunday 9.12: Technical things and skills training
Monday 10.12: Heavy backsquats and tough squat metcon
Tuesday 11.12: Rest day
Wednesday 12.12: Thrusters, this was rough man
Thursday 13.12: Workout consisting of 30 reps rather heavy weights

Toni's workouts. Technique for snatches and handstand. In addition a metcon for time.
  • 5 rounds of
  • 4 wall climbs
  • 30 air squats
  • 8 ring push-ups
Toni, what was your time on the metcon and how was it like? Any thoughts for today's training?

Rogue, your gear has arrived!



3 comments:

  1. Wow! New look. I'm liking it! Todays workout was a succes for me. I skipped strength and focused on skills training (handstand, overhead squats and snatch). Last week I did my first handstand pushup (with foam roll under my head) and today I was able to do three on a row! Also did some snatches with bar and I think I learned something. Also my OH squats were almost perfect :-)

    My time in my metcon was 11.17. Ring pushups went unbroken but squats and wall climbs were tough for me today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah my graphic designer came home so she did her twist on the page :)

    Awesome to see you Toni go for these new moves with enthusiasm: wall climbs, handstand, snatches, ohs etc. And soon you'll be able to do hspu without any modification, I'm sure you are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. todays mainsite WOD is perfect for testing that new box.

    Complete as many rounds and reps as possible in 12 minutes of:
    155 pound Deadlift, 15 reps
    15 Deficit push-ups, hands on 25 pound plates
    15 Box jumps, 24" box

    Definitely doing this today!

    ReplyDelete