Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday 12.12: Thrusters metcon

Wednesday. 1min on, 1min off for 20min, thrusters (50kg). 106 reps.

I had a shorter workout in the morning so after rowing the classic 1k, some pvc pipe warm-up and empty bar bear complex I started my workout of the day. I wanted to go for 30minutes but had some scheduling issues so I decided beforehand that I'm going for 20min workout.

Metcon. 1min on, 1min off for 20min, thrusters (50kg). Total reps 106.
  1. 13
  2. 13
  3. 10
  4. 10
  5. 10
  6. 10
  7. 10
  8. 10
  9. 10
  10. 10
I had no idea how fast man should go with those thrusters. Never done this type of workout. I got the inspiration from Rob Orlando who often seems to go after this type of workouts. The difference between me and Rob O is that he did this with 225lbs (102.5kg)... =) He went for 4-5 reps each round for 30minutes, i.e. 15 rounds. This one was tough on my shoulders. My front squats are rather strong so that was no problem but those shoulder to overheads were rough in the last rounds.

I started the workout by doing 13 reps, same on the second round. I could have added reps in those but saw the future beforehand and realized not to push it too much and gas already in the beginning. From the third round on I decided to hit a number and stick with it until the end. Round by round the bar got heavier and it would have been awesome to see how heavy it would be for the following 5 rounds. My shoulders were in flames and it simply felt good! Total of 106 reps and thus 5300kg, nice.

7th round of the workout

Toni had a rest day, he felt he needed some time to get himself together and recreate energy level, then do a fierce comeback tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment