Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday 21.12: Mobility and skills

Friday. Mobility and skills.

Today I wanted to go for clean and jerk as strength training. I was a bit afraid how my elbows would react and they started to scream in the early steps of my training session so I had to skip that and concentrate in taking it easier and save my elbows for the following days. Toni also took it light today. However, at the end he rowed fast and PR'd his 2k row with over 40 seconds.



My movements.
  • Row 1k. Time 3.28
  • Clean & jerk
  • Shoulder press
  • Handstand
  • Ring skills
  • Skin the cat
  • GHD sit-ups 3x30

Toni's workouts. Terchnique and skills, row 2k for time (7.15, PR).
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Ring push-ups
  • Ring dips
  • Kipping pull-ups
  • Overhead squats
  • Row 2k, time 7.15
Toni's previous 2k record was 7.56, today it turned to 7.15.

2k row ahead

After 2k

2 comments:

  1. Phew, that was though one. Over 40 seconds better time than few months ago...Now my hands are a bit sore :). Also my handstand push ups were rolling today and I was able to do 7 on a row (with foam roll). It was a good week; PR in front squat and clean & jerk. Tomorrow is this weeks first rest day

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good week of training and good results saw the daylight. Your pace with the 2k row was fast! Improcing 40 seconds just like that doesn't happen by coincidence, you've worked hard. Enjoy your rest day =)

    ReplyDelete