Monday, December 2, 2013

Monday 2.12: Back squat high-rep emom

Monday. Back squat emom training, lots of reps. Cashout, 50 burpees.

Grueling day for the legs. High-rep strength type of workout with over 6.000kg lifted in the session. Purely back squats. Every minute on the minute stuff works and you'll get some cardio action as well. As a bonus I did 50 burpees to finish the session.

Feeling comfortable in the bottom position at ohs


Strength. Back squats.
  • Every minute on the minute
  • 5 reps @ 100kg, for 5 minutes, rest 1min
  • 4 reps @ 105kg, for 5 minutes, rest 1min
  • 3 reps @ 110kg, for 5 minutes, rest 1min

It felt like something was lifted today. My legs were definitely feeling the heat. It took about 20 seconds to finish those sets so there was about 40 seconds to recover in between lifts. I began at 100kg, then added some weight and decreased the amount of reps. For this type of training the amount of weight on the bar seemed perfectly adjusted.

On the other hand, as I told Pauliina what I was doing at the gym, she got me thinking about the way I should squat, the kind of workouts I should do. That was a good feedback from her. I've been lifting lots of squats lately and my legs have definitely become stronger and there's more endurance for sure. On the other hand I should be lifting heavy shit often with my legs. In other words put more junk on the bar and squat! Go higher on the weights and complete lower rep sets. I'll learn from this one and next time I squat, it's gonna be heavier. Got to get my body used to heavy reps on the squats as well. I' dreaming of lifting 150kg so I definitely must go heavier on a regular squat day.






Cashout.
  • 50 burpees
My legs were smashed after those 60 squats so there was no room for a metcon. Still, I wanted to do burpees so I nailed 50 reps in the end. 








No comments:

Post a Comment