Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Wednesday 25.12: DT-ish / Helen-ish

Tuesday. Metcon. Inspired by two benchmark wods: DT & Helen.

Yesterday was an easy one so I needed to get some action going on today. What could I do? I had my dear 2-pood kettlebell with me and a pair of sneakers. What more could you ask for? I combined two familiar workouts into one and I got what I deserved.





Metcon. Mixture of DT + Helen.
  • 2 rds of:
  • 400m run
  • 12 deads, 32kg, right hand
  • 9 hang clean, 32kg, right hand
  • 6 jerk, 32kg, right hand
  • 400m run
  • 12 deads, 32kg, left hand
  • 9 hang clean, 32kg, left hand
  • 6 jerk, 32kg, left hand, then
  • 3rds of:
  • 400m run
  • 21 kb swing, 32kg
  • 12 pull-ups





Start with something that resembles hero workout DT and incorporate running into it. I wanted to get running as an element because it exists in my training way too rare. It was a good decision, I got 2.8km running in the metcon and it felt pretty good. Better than normally and shins were not hurting practically at all.



That kettlebell action between run was great. DT is originally 5rds of the same reps but with a 70kg barbell. I enjoyed the movements with the kb as well.



After finishing the DT part I jumped right on to running and started the benchmark workout Helen. It would be awesome to do it rx'd some day. I've done it only once - 08/2012 - so it's been a while. My running was definitely getting slower towards the end but still solid. I got the reps unbroken each round, that was great as there were 21 reps kb swings with 2-pood bell. Helen is rx'd 24kg so this was a bit heavier. 21 reps starts to feel in those forearms a lot! Add in 12 pull-ups and they are on fire. After the workout my veins in the forearms were coming through my shirt, they were so pumped up :)



It was a great wod! Definitely, and needed lots of work and determination to finish it with style. I liked the feeling afterwards and felt like I put on a lot of work! My father-in-law was working out side by side with me and worked his ass off as well.




Pauliina got a new camera for christmas present and has already taken hundreds of pictures so I'll add some when we return home! :)


Writing the blog =)








2 comments:

  1. Updated quite a number of pics from yesterday! Thanks Pauliina for the camera woman role =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks to you for the best christmas present! ;) :)

    ReplyDelete