Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Wednesday 18.12: Rest day

Wednesday. Rest day.

Aaarrrgghh! Second day of rest in a row, didn't see this coming. I had such a long work day / training session at work that it sucked all time and energy out of me. Muscles better grow and prepare for tomorrow 'cause I'm planning to hit it hard! Definitely going to work out.




Well, to tell the truth it must be good for my body to get some time off. It's been rough the last couple of months and rest days have been a rarity. It's a weakness for me not to have days off of training. On the other hand, my body has been ready to work out so I haven't seen the reason to step back that often. I've been able to plan my training sessions so that it's constant variety all the time and thus I've been able to keep on moving on a daily basis.

As I told earlier there's the qualification is currently going on to find the fittest men / women in Finland. There's a total of 3 events before the best of the best will be seen in the Finals 1st February 2014. Yesterday evening was the announcement of the last 3rd and last event. It's a:

  • 10min amrap of:
  • 30 power clean, 50kg
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 30 box jumps, 60cm
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 30 double unders
  • 10 pull-ups

Looks like a very attempting workout, classic crossfit stuff: make those lungs carry the air effectively and burn your muscles. All movements are light so the "thing" is who can keep on moving in the pain zone. It's gonna start hurting and you have to be mentally tough to ignore the pain and just keep on completing rep after rep. I'm looking forward to seeing Toni do his share of the work. By the way, Toni has his birthday today, congrats!






1 comment:

  1. Looking forward for that third event. All the movements are my "favorites" so lets see what happens. Goal is to make it to the second round and clean us much as possible.

    ReplyDelete