Thursday, December 12, 2013

Thursday 12.12: Ring mu's, 21-15-9, deads and C2B

Thursday. Skills, ring muscle-ups. Metcon, 21-15-9, deadlift 100kg, C2B pull-ups.

I took it a bit easier today. Taking a couple of ring mu's, then going through a metcon without timer. My body felt good entering the gyn. However, my head wasn't in the game to go blank-headed in a hardcore metcon. So I took it easier on the metcon this time.




Skills. Ring muscle-ups. It felt incredibly good to complete 3 single reps in a row. My first mu was on the 5th December, that's one week ago. Since then I did singles in couple of following days, then 2x1's and today I was able to do 3x1 reps. Each rep feel like it's ripping the strength of upper body. At least at this stage when I'm not that used to the movement and I need to use a lot of my energy to get it done. I feel super happy being able to do those!




Metcon. For quality
  • 21-15-9
  • Deadlift, 100kg
  • Chest-to-bar pull-ups


Took couple of sets back squatting to get my hammies warmed up. Then I put 100kg on the barbell and started doing the work, 45 reps each movement. My first plan was to do regular pull-ups but changed it on the fly to chest-to-bars. That proved to be a good turnaround. They are sooooo much tougher than regular reps and I tend to suck at them =)

I didn't have the time rolling and it didn't bother me at all what my time would have been this time. Sometimes it's okay to just complete the reps without going at 100% speed. I still tried and also managed to go unbroken on the deadlifts. Not that heavy anyway. I would have been disappointed not to push through unbroken. That should be the case every time with this weight.

The C2B's were a totally different thing. I did something like 6 reps on the first attempt on the round of 21's. Then it was 5, 4, and something less. On the second round it at least didn't come any easier. First attempt on the round of 15's was probably 5 and on the last round maybe 4 reps. There were lots of triples and doubles involved during the entire workout. I'm happy I decided to work on this weakness!


Lord of the rings





2 comments: