Sunday, March 27, 2016

Sunday 27.3: Cleans, Hspu, K2e

Sunday. Every 0:30, for 10min: 1 squat clean (up to 100kg). Emom x 10min. Odd, 12 hspu. Even, 12 k2e.

There was a tight time window in the evening to get some fitness done at the gym. There was simply no other soul at the so it was kind of funny to hit it. That's fine by me though! I went for cleans, hspu's and k2e's.

Sunday evening set-up

Oly.
  • Every 0:30, for 10 minutes, perform 1 squat clean
  • 80, 80, 80, 80kg
  • 85, 85, 85, 85kg
  • 90, 90, 90, 90kg
  • 95, 95, 95, 95kg
  • 100, 100, 100, 100kg
My legs are trashed. Maybe the reason for this is the metcon with running included. Haven't run in ages - not a good choice in the long run - but that's the situation right now. Foam rolling these quads was painful. Anyway, I wanted to hit some cleans, been missing those.

Because I was in more or less hurry it needed to be efficient. Emom training suited perfectly for today. One lift every 30 seconds. This started at 80kg, then jumped 5kg up every 2 minutes. That was 4 lifts per weight. I'm very happy on getting up to 100kg for 4 lifts in the end with good confidence despite the smashed legs.



Gymnastics.
  • Every minute on the minute x 8 minutes
  • Odd min, 12 handstand push-ups
  • Even, 12 knees-to-elbows
Jumped into this with about 3 minute recovery after cleans. This was intentionally short and thus I added some reps to what I would normally do in emom workouts. That means more reps on the handstand push-ups than traditionally. 12 reps per minute is no joke but I got through them nicely. On the last minute I took one fail but other than that it was rather smooth.




Don't even remember when I had done knees-to-elbow's for the last time. Usually when I go after something like this, it's most likely t2b's. Or ghd's if we can count them as similar movements. These were a nice variance and they rolled smoothly.




No comments:

Post a Comment