Thursday, March 17, 2016

Thursday 17.3: Jerks, Squats

Thursday. Emom x 10min: 3 jerk @ 73kg. Back squat 5x5 @ 130kg.

My legs were still sore from previous squat session so maybe this was not the most ideal day to squat my head was fixed over the idea so I decided to give it a go. Prior to that some oly jerks.



Overhead.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • 3 push jerks @ 73kg
This was identical to last overhead piece couple of days ago when I put the barbell overhead. The difference was 3 kilos which I added to the bar. I was able to manhandle the weights nicely this time too. Sets were similar to each other. Got them done in touch'n'go style without pausing the barbell on front rack. Instead, the bar was moving up and down with a straight bounce.



Strength.
  • Back squat 5x5 @ 130kg
Damned it was a challenging starting point to put the weights on my back as my legs felt stiff and hurt already before the first set. First set was tough, second was tougher. Third was brutal and I was weak for a second on that one. It caused me a beautiful perfect set as I failed the last rep on that one. It was a big bummer.




It was mentally devastating and I was ready to kick it and leave home in defeat. Luckily one comrade form the gym asked if I needed help in lifting the barbell back on the rack. I was like how the hell can I not go for another set as this chick is trying to pick me up from the dark place. Next set was good, heavy but good. On the last set I asked the biggest guy in the gym just in case. That was exaggeration as that might have been my best set. On the other hand, maybe it was exactly that because my mental game was right on the spot.



No comments:

Post a Comment