Friday, September 19, 2014

Friday 19.9: Squats, Row, T2b

Friday. Strength, squats 1x3 (125kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 300m row, 15 t2b. Not for time.

After work I went home and fell asleep after 5 minutes. Pauliina woke me up after a power nap and we headed back to gym. Smolov squat program said it's time to do one triple set, nothing else this time for legs. Took an easy workout after squats. It's been rather tough training week so it was good to take it easier for Friday's sake.



Strength.
  • Smolov squats, 1x3 (125kg)
Calm before the storm. Soon it's about to get serious. This system started with multiple back-to-back days of squatting, then it's been easier. On Sunday there's gonna be more squats but the real thing begins next week. Then it's squats 4 times a week of couple of weeks. Hopefully this is gonna make a difference in the long run. Today's load was supposed to be 122.5kg but I accidentally put 125kg on the bar.


Recap


Metcon. Not for time
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 300m row
  • 15 toes-to-bar
I didn't time this one at all. Just started working, and aimed to keep a study pace anyway. The rowing part was definitely all out effort, the pace was about 1:50 / 500m so it would be considered a slow pace for this kind of distance. The goal of this workout was not get smoked but just keep the body moving.

T2b's I did unbroken every round. I feel this movement could be considered some sort of strength for me. I can knock a good number of them in a row usually. Towards the end it started to get heavier but I decided to push through and got it.


This is just sick




No comments:

Post a Comment