Friday, September 26, 2014

Friday 25.9: Squats, Snatch, Box jump overs

Friday. Strengthm Smolov squats 5x7 (110kg). Metcon, 7min amrap, 2-2, 4-4, 6-6… of: power snatch (40kg), box jump overs. Result, 89 reps.

What else would a man do on Friday night than squat. Got the barbell on my back rack and started working. Metcon of snatches and box action was ahead of me afterwards. It's been difficult to think about those metcons because I don't want them to be too heavy and I wouldn't wanna burn my legs that much. My lower body needs to be ready for squats because there's gonna be squatting at least every other day. This far the metcons have rocked, today as well!



Strength.
  • Smolov, back squat 5x7 (across 110kg)
Last squat session was 2 days ago but my legs were perfectly recovered, no problems whatsoever. Wednesday's session was tougher because my legs hurt already before the squats. Today these squats felt light even though they were heavier in weights (102.5 -> 110kg). I followed the program exactly as it stood, 5 sets of 7 reps at 110kg. It's getting heavier by the session, number of sets will increase and number of reps decrease while the load gets heavier each time. After four sessions it's gonna start back from 4x9 and then go through the same sequence as this week (4x9, 5x7, 7x5, 10x3). Take a look at the last session from today below.

Squats, 110kg


Metcon. Result, 89 reps (5 snatch on the round of 14's)
  • 7min amrap
  • 2-2, 4-4, 6-6… of:
  • Power snatch, 40kg
  • Box jump overs
This past week my metcons have mostly been created right at the gym, not that much pre-planning. I love programming my workouts way before, one of my greatest pleasures :) I also love box jumps but have neglected them because the high amount of squats lately. I guess that's been too cautious, I'm gonna have them back gradually.

Today's workout was a 7min amrap of 2 movements, starting from 2 reps each, climbing up 2 reps per round. Power snathes were light in nature, only 40kg because I wanted this workout to be more like a metabolic stuff, keeping the man moving, not worrying about the weights that much. Box jumps over the box is a great movement! I've done 'em couple of times and have enjoyed it every time. These two fit perfectly together.



Go and give it a shot, the combination is great. My effort today in the metcon was not 100%, but I believe I moved well and quite effectively. We're traveling to Vierumäki leisure centre together with Toni and our teams from work. There are some scheduled program and we're also hoping to make it to watch Finland's national weightlifting team hit their practice. And it would be awesome to get some olympic lift training done with Toni as well. At least the surroundings are as good as they can get!





No comments:

Post a Comment