Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday 29.9: Squats, Hspu, T2b

Monday. Strength, Smolov squats 10x3 (122.5kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 10 hspu, 15 t2b.

Squats, squats, squats. Haha it really feels like I'm having a barbell in back rack position all the time. No biggie, I'm enjoying it. Today it was time for lots of sets, barbell getting heavier little by little. It took me long time to finish those squats, as my warm-up was very good prior to the squats as well. Metcon consisted of shoulder burn and heavy breathing.



Strength.
  • Smolov, back squats 10x3 (across 122.5kg)
Lots of sets this time, triples at 122.5kg. The number of reps was familiar, no prob but the weights were rather heavy considering there were 10 sets of them. I've done 10x3 occasionally but there probably haven't been that big of a load. I was confident on the load from the very beginning. Somehow I was calm and sure it's gonna be okay, just get the bar on your back and do the compulsory work.

First sets were rather easy, from about 4th set on the mood started to change and it wasn't that much fun anymore. Sets through 5-7 were the toughest. From then on the end was looming so it was mentally easier to do the required work. Every set was closer to finishing the whole thing. I got all sets done nicely, no problem. They were much tougher than previous training sessions, that was obviously because of heavier weights.


Blair Morrison's "Lullaby"


Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 handstand push-ups
  • 15 toes-to-bar
Squats took me lot of time to complete and once again I hadn't planned a metcon beforehand because I wanted to listen to my body after the strength session. It felt surprisingly good so I wanted to hit a metcon, and put some pressure on my body, heart and lungs. Hspu's were the first ingredient in the mix. Soon t2b's came into play as well. My legs were too jello for box jumps, and my calluses prevented me from pull-ups. Putting tape on my hands allowed me to do t2b's anyway.

For a reason unknown to myself I didn't have a clock running but I completed this workout in a similar way as if there was a timer pushing me. I got 3 rounds of handstand push-ups unbroken, then on the 4th round it was 7-3 and last rounds 6-2-2 with short recovery. I liked the way I was able to perform these today. I didn't have that much rest between movements so there was a possibility that my shoulders would have burned more quickly. But they didn't, they survived pretty well!

Ben Smith in 2012


Also got toes-to-bar's unbroken for first 3 rounds, then 4th and 5th rounds were 10-5 on both ones. Those felt more in my hip flexors rather than core. I didn't wanna push it too much on those t2b's because there's a lot of squats ahead of me and I really need my hip flexors!

The workout was good in nature, simple and efficient. It doesn't always have to be complex. This was pure crossfit. Intense stuff.




No comments:

Post a Comment