Sunday, September 7, 2014

Saturday 6.9: "Kettlebell Hell"

Saturday. Metcon, "Kettlebell Hell", 3x3min workouts of kb swing, burpees, kb snatch / kb c&j and goblet squats.

Workout outdoors, that's great. Love every minute of it. We are spending the day at Pauliina's parents. Just hanging around and chitchatting. The plan was to hit it early afternoon at their place and throw down together for a training session, all four of us. That's family quality time if you ask me!!!




"Kettlebell Hell"

1. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings, 32kg
15 Burpees
AMRAP of 1-arm KB Snatches (32kg) from the hang in the remaining time.
Result, 14 snatch

Rest 1 minute

2. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings, 32kg
15 Burpees
AMRAP of 1-arm KB Clean and Jerks (32kg) from the hang in the remaining time.
Result, 12 c&j

Rest 1 minute

3. In 3 minutes complete:
25 KB Swings, 32kg
15 Burpees
AMRAP of KB Goblet Squats (32kg) in the remaining time.
Result, 20 squats


I'm so proud of this gang as they did this idetical workout with me. Maybe a bit scaled version but still the idea was the same. It was awesome to witness these guys are ready for some serious work! Great attitude.




After I had done my share of the workout I checked how the original post stood at competitorstraining.com and the idea actually was to rest 5min and then repeat the whole thing. Well, I gotta redo this as rx'd some day.




I got all kb swings unbroken each round and paced myself through the burpees with quite a steady pace. Haven't done this heavy kb snatches a lot, maybe once or twice before. To my surprise they weren't that bad. Clean and jerks felt a little tougher. Goblet squats burned my legs. As if they weren't already smashed from squatting two days in a row.




This was a great workout to be done outdoors and I think I'm gonna do this again in the future. That time with the prescribed rest after workout and then redo the whole thing.







Take a look at the following link below, an interview of Rich Froning, four-time Crossfit Games Champion: Article of the Games champion.


"Kettlebell Hell"



Old school stuff of Mikko Salo




6 comments:

  1. I updated the post with lots of picture of the family workout plus the entire video of this kettlebell workout. -Don

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tommi ja Pauliina, olipa hienoa treenata kanssanne ja nauttia upeasta syyssäästä! :) Maija

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Siis toi keli oli ihan mieletön, hauskaa oli viettää viikonloppua teidän luona! Ja mieletön juttu, että koko jengi lähti reeneihin mukaan =)

      Delete
  3. What a nice weekend! It was great to do the workout together :) the weather was perfect for outdoor activities!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trying to add profile picture....not succeeding?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come? It's been such a long time I don't remember anymore how it's done. Should be quite straightforward, I'd suppose?

      Delete