Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday 3.4: Snatch, Mainsite

Sunday. Snatch emom x 10min: snatch + ohs (up to 60kg). Metcon, 20min amrap of: 400m row, 20 ghd, 10 ohs @ 42.5kg. Result, 5rds + 379m.

Oh my, these legs have felt sore big time since Thursday. Yesterday's heavy squats probably didn't help either. Today's agenda was snatches in the beginning and then a longer amrap in the end.



Oly.

  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Snatch + overhead squat (50, 50, 55, 55, 55, 60, 60, 60, 60, 60kg)
It was a blessing to get my hands on a barbell and hit some snatches. It was a blast. I honestly feel like my snatches have taken a huge leap forward (not literally) on the technique. Once in a while I look at the videos from history just to compare how things have changed on my crossfit path during time.

Began at 50kg and went on by feeling. The snatches were okay. Only the first 60kg lift was horribly off but other than that they were alright. They were caught a little too front which is a classic in my case. I have never failed a snatch too much behind so that probably gives a hint that I'm not pulling back enough.

Snatches and first round of overhead squats


Metcon. Result, 5 rounds + 379m row
  • 20min amrap of:
  • 400m row
  • 20 ghd sit-ups
  • 10 overhead squats @ 42.5kg
This was on mainsite (www.crossfit.com) yesterday and it caught my attention. Decided to hit it today, just subbed running for rowing due to circumstances. Rowing was easy pace, something around 1:50+. My reasoning was that saving couple of seconds there would not make a big difference. Instead, cutting the transition times would make.



Through the rounds of 2-4 I had to change the order of ghd's and ohs's because someone was hassling over with the ghd machine for some back extensions. Well, I didn't mind which movement came first, and didn't reckon a difference in the difficulty level either way. These were unbroken each round.



No comments:

Post a Comment