Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday 22.2: Metcon with a vest

Friday. Metcon with a weighted vest. For quality

After a tough week of training I wanted to leave the barbells alone and train with bodyweight. Okay, I added the weighted vest I got from Pauliina earlier this month. I had some training buddies with me to concentrate in strength training. Toni stayed home today.

Weighted dips

Metcon. Not for time.
  • 3 rounds of
  • 10 push-ups
  • 10 burpees
  • 10 ring dips
  • 10 dumbbell snatches, 20kg, alternating hands
  • Wear a 9kg weighted vest during workout
My clock was not running but I still made it without resting more than normally. Three rounds with 9kg vest on me, all but on the last set of ring dips. Four different movements each round. Push-ups weren't too bad, burpees felt odd as I dropped my chest to the floor with that extra weight on me. I managed to do these unbroken but I really felt that weight.

I didn't think about how bad the ring dips might turn out to be but they were quite burning on my triceps and chest. On the first round I completed them in 5+3+2 but on the second one I had huge problems and completed them almost totally in singles. That's the reason why I took the vest off on the last set of ring dips, which turned out to be a good decision. I completed the last set of dips pretty much the same way as the first set.

Those dumbbell snatches are my thing. I love them, got to keep on doing those and add weights. That 20kg was too light I'd say considering the amount of reps. Either add kilos or reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment