Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tuesday 26.2: Deadlift

Tuesday. Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5-1-1 (max PR 180kg).

Yes, I took over deadlifts and proved myself that previous record I did in the last day of 2012 would come up anyday. My focus for today was deadlift fives as strength training and then my plan was to do a metcon of DL's and box jumps. However, I slept a bit late and didn't have time for that good workout. Have to take it another day though.

Deadlift, 180kg, PR

Strength. Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5-1-1 (120, 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, PR 180kg). There was a time in December when my elbows were hurting pretty much every other day so because of that I did squats and deadlifts way more than normally because they didn't cause any pain. Since then, I haven't been deadlifting a lot. That's why I took sets of 5 reps today together with Toni. After warm-up and some lighter lifts of 60/100kg I began my sets. I put more effort in my technique today, my focus was constantly in pressing my heels to the floor, maintaining good back posture and heading chest up first before shooting my hips to the air.


I managed to go further with a better technique than normally, up to about 140kg. Then, my form started to collapse, which led to my hips shooting up first, only then my back followed. Okay, I have enough strength in my back to bring the barbell up even though there's heavier loads but I should do some tricks to maintain that good package all the way from floor to full extension. I'm sure that would lead in some tremendous success with heavy loads.

Deadlift, 130kg

Toni's workouts. Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (110, 120, 120, 120, 120kg).

Toni also did deadlifts, heavy sets 5x5. He also didn't have enough time to do a metcon in addition to strength training.

Deadlift, 120kg, Toni

No comments:

Post a Comment