Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tuesday 12.2: Row, weighted push-ups

Tuesday. Row 30sec on, 30sec off for 20min. Weighted push-ups.

Today's focus was in interval rowing. I wanted to leave the barbell for others and concentrate in metabolic conditioning. Toni did strength training with deadlifts. Yesterday was anniversary for me and Pauliina, it's been one year since we met for the first time. Love you baby! I guess she knows me well 'cause she bought me a 9kg weighted vest as a present =) I did my cash out today with that on. See picture below.

Weighted pull-ups


Row. Total of 3.400m.

  • 30 sec on
  • 30 sec off
  • Row for 20 minutes

I've done this workout two times earlier but only for 10min. Toni did this for 30min 25th January. My pace in the morning was fast. During the entire workout my pace for 500m was between 1.35-1.37. I consider this one a success! It takes nerves to row around 1.40 for a longer distance constantly. For example those 2k tests are pretty horrific.

For interval training my strategy was to go as fast as I can for those 30 seconds, then chill out for the following half a minute. After 5min my ass started to go numb so I had to stand up after each interval =) By the way, I have never rowed over 3km in a workout. This workout was nice and got to test that 30 minutes as well.


3.4km in interval rowing

Cashout. 50 weighted push-ups. With a 9kg weighted vest. I believe that vest is going to give me some grey hair in the future. I'm gonna use it instead of using my own bodyweight: running, burpees, pull-ups, push-ups, squats, box jumps, dips, you name it.

Toni's workouts.

  • Deadlift 5-5-5-5-5 (120kg)
  • Dips 10x3
  • Weighted dips, 15kg, 5-4-4 reps

Toni's main agenda for deadlifts was to concentrate in form, in keeping his back straight, and not to go further with the weights. Then he did dips and for the first time in his athletic history: weighted dips with 15kg.

Kid playing with the rings


1 comment: