Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday 1.2: Skills day

Friday. Skills oriented day. Plenty of different movements.

It's been quite a week after Barbara, Isabel, squats and cleans so today's goal was to take it a bit easier. Well, my shoulders and hands got to test today anyway as I was like a little boy when playing with the rings. They were my focus area but I also did other skills training.

Ring skills.

  • Invert hold
  • Skin the cat
  • Levers
  • Ice cream makers
  • Ring push-ups

It's simply fun! Play with the rings. Probably should play a little more to someday master the muscle-up as well. I took a few sets of inverted holds, skin the cat, levers and one set of ice cream makers. To the end 3x15 ring push-ups.

Other skills.

  • Double unders
  • Chest-to-bar pull-ups
  • Handstand hold
  • Handstand push-ups (max PR 6 reps)
  • One-handed push-ups
  • Pistols

It was awesome to see I was able to hit my chest to the bar with pull-ups. It's been hard previously. I thought it would be more difficult but it actually touched the bar. Yeah baby, it inspired me to practice them more in the future. Handstand was another area where I wanted to put effort today. I wanted to break that old record of handstand push-ups so I added one rep to the old PR. Took some other sets as well. A newcomer was one-handed push-ups, positively surprised that I got them on the first try =)

Take a look at one of my training partner's show of one-handed push-ups.

One-handed push-ups, Anton

1 comment: