Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Wednesday 20.3: Squats, pull-ups

Wednesday. Back squats 4x4 (max 130kg), 50 pull-ups for time. Time 1.52.

Main focus on squats. Focusing on deep ones and then 50 pull-ups in the end. In the evening I had floorball training. Toni still traveling but I heard he has plans to work out today!



Strength. Back squats 4-4-4-4 (100, 110, 120, 130kg). Then back squats 10 & 10 reps (100 & 100kg).

Wanted to do sets of four and finish it with some nasty cashout in the end so I took sets of 2x10 squats with 100kg. From the warm-up on I really focused on getting my butt as deep as it could possibly go with my mobility. And that is below parallel. I did quite a lot of hip openers for starters and then I felt good to start squatting with weights. I put 100kg on the bar and took 4 reps, continued with that rep-scheme up to 130kg. Managed to push that last set with success as well. After those sets I took two sets of 10 unbroken reps up with 100kg. Felt good in my hamstrings!

Pull-ups. 50 pull-ups for time. Time 1.52.

I realized I haven't done as many pull-ups as I should. One of the most principal movements crossfit insists you master. Simply haven't programmed as many pull-ups lately as I wanted. There's no reason for this, there are just so many things to practice constantly. I enjoyed this workout a lot and was happy completing the 50th rep. My strategy was not the smartest because I wanted to hit a PR today. It's been a while since I tried max reps so my goal was to go for 30 reps in a row and I managed to do that, yeah baby! I had the feeling I could have squeezed some extra reps but I don't know what would have happened after that =) My wings and forearms were in fire! I took another 10 reps, then 5 and 5 reps. Had I tried my absolute best time in this workout, I might have completed 5x10 or sets of 15 or something like that, with short breaks in between sets.

Some floorball after work with my team. Guess we're gonna make some tactical planning as we have a game on Friday against a team in western Finland for qualifying to a higher division. Got to win 2 out of three games to qualify further.

1 comment:

  1. Great job there! 30 pull ups means that maybe its time for fran?

    I had a long day but still managed to find a very good gym. There were KB's, boxes, rings and other stuff you can use.

    I had some squats: five rounds with 5 reps (100 kg) and 5 reps with 110 kilos. I cant remember have I ever lifted 110 kg five times in one set.

    Then I did some technical training (cleans, hang cleans, shoulder press, front squats and bear complex, the weight was only 30 kg)

    I also had 5 *5 ring dips and 3 * 10 ring push ups.

    ReplyDelete