Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday 6.3: Deadlift technique

Wednesday. Deadlift technique training. Sets of 6 reps with 80-120kg. Cool down by cycling.

Wednesday's agenda was light. Technique training in deadlifts, how to manage keeping chest up throughout the movement from bottom to top extension so that my hips wouldn't shoot up first. My triceps have been crying since Coe and I tried to nurse them with cold gel and an iced bag of cold gel for two days. Guess I did something wrong as you can see below. I got a frostbite from the iced bag and something abnormal suddenly existed in my triceps. Well, I went to the pharmacist to get some cure. I'll hope they recover for the Open.

Frostbite

Deadlift. 8x6 (80, 100, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 80kg). I kept the weights light and tried to focus on my form. Mainly the sets were 120kg. That weight is not that heavy and can be thrown anytime so I wanted to focus on my form around that weight. I also did lighter versions. My key focus area was to lower my ass while coming down from top position before completing another rep.

Deadlift technique, 100kg

I'd like to get that form perfect to get more benefit from my leg strength. I know what I should do theoretically but it seems difficult to perform it in real life. I believe these sets were okay anyway. My current PR is 180kg. However, with heavier weights my form is not that beautiful anymore.


Deadlift technique, 120kg

Got some floorball training with my team in the evening. Toni drove back home today so he didn't train today at all. Tomorrow we'll meet at the Box to do the Crossfit Open's first competition this year, workout 13.1!

No comments:

Post a Comment