Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday 20.9: Rowing

Friday. Rowing metcon, total distance 6.452m.

Knew this Friday I would have limited time to work out because I had to go to work early and then right after work we headed to dinner and theater with Toni and our ladies. So I had about 40 minutes to go all in. Not much room to warm up so I had programmed this workout that consisted purely of rowing. Turned out to be a good move!





Metcon. Distance 6.452m

  • 5 rounds of:
  • 2min @ 1.50-1.55
  • 1min @ max speed
  • 2min @ 2.10-2.15
  • 1min rest



This was good interval type of rowing metcon. There was 5 minutes of constant rowing at different speed per round and then 1 min of total rest. Starting at a pace of 1.50-1.55 / 500m for 2 minutes, then all in for 1 minute, followed by active recovery @ around 2.10 pace. Finally 1 min of rest. So it took 6 minutes per round. I was hoping to complete 7 rounds but didn't have that time for that.

Obviously those first 3 minutes were the most challenging ones, especially that 1 crucial minute of going at full throttle. My speed tended to circle around 1.38-1.42 on that specific max speed minute. That 1 min rest was enough to recover for the next round. It wasn't too easy to row @ 1.50-1.55 in the last rounds but totally manageable. The thing was that minute of pain in the middle.





I wouldn't wonder if I was myself repeating this workout, except increasing the number of rounds. Never rowed over 5k in one day in any form. My shirt was pouring sweat afterwards, at least I got the fluids running in my body.


Bodyweight workouts clearly pays off =)




No comments:

Post a Comment