Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Wednesday 18.9: Burpees and pull-ups

Wednesday. Skills, ring muscle-up transition training. Metcon, 10 rounds of: 10 pull-ups, 10 burpees. Time 12.50.

Today was time to do bodyweight stuff. Decided to take it easier in September with the barbells. Let's say it's about every other day I've touched the barbell and every other day concentrates in bodyweight movements. That can really be seen in the amount of for example pull-ups and handstand push-ups I've done this month. Let's see how the end of the month turns out to be like.


Workout of the day, last rounds


Metcon. Time 12.50
  • 10 rounds of:
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 burpees

No surprise this was horrible on the lungs! I've done 100 pull-ups and 10 burpees in a workout in a pyramid style. Starting from 1 rep, adding 1 more rep until 10 reps, then decreasing the amount with 1 rep at a time downwards until you're back at 1 rep, totaling 100 reps both movements. And in June I did a hero workout Bradley that included 100 reps both movements (with some running as well). All mixed variations of these 2 movements, no matter what kind the combo is, is gonna be horrible.

The feeling struck me on round 3. I did all rounds unbroken, both pull-ups and burpees. Little by little the breaks between rounds grew longer, not much but still. The first round was 45 seconds, then I intentionally rested 10 seconds, and the 3 next rounds were around 1 minute.From then on it was 1.20+ and finally 1.30+. I was able to catch up some time on the last 2 rounds as the goal line was looming in the near future.

I had no troubles in keeping myself moving when I was on the pull-up bar nor when I was moving my body on the burpees. Still, I had to take rest my hands when I was done with either of the movements. It hurt and tickled on the forearms and my lungs were about to explode. So there's some job to be done on the metabolic condition, that's an ongoing process that will never end =) I'd like to see myself keeping body moving throughout the workout without rest periods.

After workout I did proper mobility for faster recovery and body maintenance.





Toni was feeling a bit sick today so he skipped the training for today.



No comments:

Post a Comment