Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday 30.9: Handstand push-ups, row

Monday. Strength, 5 sets of max effort: handstand push-ups (max PR 15). Metcon, 5 rounds of: 1min row max effort, 1min rest. Distance 1.609m.

I was taking it a bit easier today with concentrating in bodyweight strength and then short rowing workout. I've found a good way to program my workouts so that I don't have to keep total rest days that much and still my body feels fresh all the time. August was a rough month with barbell work taking place pretty much every day. That was seen in the total weights lifted during the month (over 100.000kg) and my body was too tired in the end. In September I decided to take it easier with the barbell, focus on bodyweight movements much more than earlier and it seems to pay off. Finding a balance between the two is an issue to to fight constantly.



Toni's PR stuff


Strength. Total 54 reps
  • 5 sets of max effort: 
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Results PR 15, 10, 11, 9, 9 reps
Building strength base in August and pressing / jerking a lot with heavy bars has strengthened my shoulders. In September I've done numerous reps of handstand push-ups and my technique has developed a lot. Today I did 5 sets of max reps hspu's. The first set was clearly the end result of a lot of work. Did 15 reps which is new PR by 3 reps.

Back in summer I remember doing 30 reps as a metcon. It took me an eternity and about 7 sets to finish it. Today I had 36 reps after 3 sets. And after 5 sets my result was 54 reps. Some development has occurred. This time I did all reps with kipping. Got to work on my strict hspu's as well. Especially in strength sessions like this one. In a metcon, reps for time, it's only smart to do kipping because it's more efficient. However, today I wanted to do a personal record =)





Metcon. Distance 1.609m
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 1min row, max effort
  • 1min rest

Some cardio work in the end. Iw was able to keep the pace under 1.40 all the time. It was around 1.34-1.38 / 500m. Kept the damper setting around 8. Could have continued for longer than 5 rounds but today's agenda was not to keep it on high volume. After rowing I concentrated in mobility, resistance band and lacrosse ball to release soft tissues. Tomorrow I'll get back to action with barbells. Let's see what's in program =)

In the mean while you guys can shake a little haha






No comments:

Post a Comment