Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday 21.10: Front squats, metcon

Monday. Front squats, emom, 3 reps @ 100kg, for 10min. Metcon, 10-8-6-4-2 of: hspu, front squat (70kg), box jumps. Time 7.20

Squats! Saturday's heavy back squat triples felt in my ass and hammies yesterday. Got enough covered to do front squats today. Did them in both strength part and in the metcon as well. After emom strength training the following metcon included hspu's, front squat and box jumps. That was even better than I thought.

Pauliina made us protein pancakes in the evening!
Simply mix only bananas and eggs, put them on frying pan and enjoy, yammy :)


Strength.
  • Front squat, every minute on the minute
  • 3 reps @ 100kg, for 10 minutes
For strength I was thinking about different variations. Options were traditional sets of 3's or 5's, eccentric squats and squats with 3sec hold on the bottom position. Decided to go with every minute on the minute (emom). The load was heavy-ish but had no doubts whether it would come up or not.

Would have liked to have more upright torso but it started to become that heavy towards the end. Still, I had rather okay form till the end. My ankles seem to bend inwards somewhat no matter what kind of shoes I'm wearing. I don't feel it when I do my reps but in the videos I can see the ankles rotate a little in. That's not cool but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it. And it doesn't bother me at all. Everything feels good in my squats. Most important thing is to push the knees out.


Last 4 sets of emom wod


Metcon. Time 7.20
  • 10-8-6-4-2
  • Handstand push-ups
  • Front squat, 70kg, from rack
  • Box jumps, 61cm

This was definitely a good metcon. 30 reps each movement with descending ladder style. Was confident beforehand that I could complete the hspu's unbroken and I sure did. Same with the front squats, unbroken. This was not heavy and the purpose was to keep on moving. Took the barbell exceptionally from rack this time. Box jumps were awkwardly challenging, considering there were only 30 reps. On the hspu's breathing got heavier, front squats got to my legs and that's why jumping on the box seemed heavier than normally.

It felt like I was able to keep moving without having to stop and catch a breath. The logistics of the workout was not ideal. There was a 10m distance between hspu's and squats / box. So there was lots of walking between the two spots. Other than that, I believe my body was doing work all the time. Hard to say how it was in real life but that's how it felt like. Anyway, this was a good workout!







No comments:

Post a Comment