Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sunday 27.10: Running metcon

Sunday. Metcon, 6 rounds of: 400m run, 20 air squats, 20 walking lunges.

Decided to leave my elbows alone today and concentrate in working my legs and metabolic conditioning. My in-laws' apartment back yard is a perfect playground for any athlete. Plenty of space, pull-up bar and lots of kettlebells. What more could a man wish for? By the way, it was freaking awesome weekend. Couple of workouts, lots of relaxation, perfect food and good company, nice!



Metcon.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 400m run
  • 20 air squats
  • 20 walking lunges

This somehow distantly reminds me of hero workout Loredo. That one consists of run, squats, lunges and push-ups. My main goal today was to include running in my training. The park at the back yard is vast so I decided to run a distance that approximately was 200m each way. There was a trash bin I touched and ran back to starting point. Completed 20 air squats and 20 lunges to finish one complete round. Repeated for a total of 6 rounds. It took me about 18 minutes. The distance is just a wild guess but I think it was close to 400m.





There was a lot of leg work done today. The highest kicks I got from having running included there. Bodyweight squats and lunges also make hammies and quads burn after completing loads of them. Pauliina's father did the metcon with me, that was a great inspiration to probably both of us. Always better to have a training partner!

Used some medicine on my elbows yesterday and today. Hopefully they work for their purpose and the recovery process is on its way. Got to wait and see what kind of workout I'll do tomorrow.





1 comment:

  1. It was great to do the workouts together, I enjoyed every minute not to forget Pauliina's and your nice company during the Weekend. Good food and some knowledge about Finland (Suomi Tietopeli). It was fun! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete